Sep 2, 2009

Revise What???

The Bible! Don't fret, biblical experts only want to revise one version of the bible to a more modern and understandable text. But it happens to be the most popular version in the world, the NIV. The plan? Make the language more modern. So my question is, are other ancient texts like the Koran or the Torah been updated? Actually yes...they have. I suspect, though I don't know, that every religious text around the world has been revised since it was written. It all comes down to meaning. Does the revision skew the meaning? If not, I'm cool with it. We don't speak in thous and thees anymore. Those versions are still, and will most likely be available, but some of us lose interest in stuff that's hard to read. Hints why I wasn't good at Shakesphere. So revise oh Holy ones. Let us know what we should believe. Isn't that the purpose of the bible, anyway? To let us know what to believe?
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

0 comments: