Oct 19, 2009

And the Emmy goes to....


ME!!!! I know. Some of my fellow TV people already have a few of the shiny gold trophies but I just won my first. I am so happy that my mom and dad were able to be there. After a hard couple of years, I was happy to put a smile on their faces. We drove into Dallas with the aid of my GPS (thank goodness), Chris' navigational skills coupled with my dad's excellent driving maneuvers. The Renaissance was filled with folks cheering for Oklahoma in the UT vs. OU game. OU went home sad...awww, poor things. We enjoyed our beautiful rooms and spent much time talking over a dinner filled with steak, crab cakes, tuna and more. It was delicious.

The next morning my BFF in the whole world Tiffany made the 2-hour trip to Dallas just to help me mom and me with our hair and let me tell you...she did a beautiful job. I spent 30 minutes getting bobby pins out of my hair but my do didn't move all night!

The ceremony was at Gilley's Palladium near Downtown Dallas. We got there early since we had general admission seats and grabbed the best general admission seat in the house. Then the food and drinks started to flow and the crowds started to arrive. I have to give a quadruple thanks to me parents because I really do think I had the most awesome dress in the house. I sparkled! Now for the awards.

The cheers and jeers flowed for hours. It was a little bittersweet for my boyfriend Chris. There was so much comradery in the room and neither of us felt it. I was the only KPRC person there, and he is the unemployed graphic artist. I knew he was happy to be there with me, but unhappy because a business he'd dedicated his life to for 15 years crapped him out on the street. I think we both know news is changing and some people's acceptance speeches indicated that as well. All in all, I just got me an expensive resume booster. I've already update my resume, now it's on to finding a new job. I don't know what I'll be doing or where...but a change is a coming and I'm ready.

Some thanks to people who weren't there. My sisters Rachel and Meredith. If it was more affordable, you would have been there. I missed you two so much! My hope, in my next Emmy ceremony, is for all of us to be together and enjoy the night, win or lose. You two mean everything to me and thank you for being so supportive. To co-workers. JL, crazy guy, you keep me sane. You're always a positive flow of energy and I need it more than you know sometimes. Gary, just keep giving me chances to shine and I'll do my best to impress. Glorianne, I am so sorry your father passed away. I almost cried when they called your name for your Emmy. I feel honored to be able to bring it home to you...AND ERIC! you keep everything organized and set a shining example for me to follow in my writing. Thanks for everything!

0 comments: