Dec 4, 2009

Snow day=Smile Day

Last night I fell asleep upset. Chris is highly discouraged. The job market is beating him down and when he's down, I'm down. But this morning I wake up with a huge smile on my face simply because rain...turned into snow.

It's funny how a climactic change can reface an entire day. It basically gave me hope, joy and love. Love? Why love you ask? Well, today is my parent's 38th wedding anniversary. I've always felt grateful and proud I have parents that stuck to their vows and made it through thick and thin. But for God to create a day where it's snowing AND it's their anniversary...there's something special.

Consider today a day to get out of bed, stretch those tired muscles (or hurting hip in my case) and consider the joyful things in life. If you feel the world's got you down too much to have joy, look out the window at the slowly forming landscape of white and just smile. It's like we're seeing the our world for the first time because it's in a new light....covered in white. I hope you enjoy your day, make a snow angle...just act like the kid. It's hard for all of us and today can be our chance to get away from it all and just...smile.

0 comments: